These pictures show the Drews convertible. Drews was a little factory in Wuppertal, Germany. Although the car could be ordered in official Volkswagen dealerships, only 150 of these cars were built. The first and the second picture may be taken at a Motoshow in Rheydt 1949, where the car was presented for the first time.
Only the chassis and a few other parts were taken from the beetle. The rest especially the aluminium body was hand made and took 1000 hours of work.